Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sun shines back..

  So after a particularly tough week ( except the historic world cup winning Saturday), this week looks good to me..
    I remember a reader's digest report that Indians are the happiest people in the world.. I don't remember the reasons cited but one of them specifically was proved right in my case..
   Ofcourse we ought to be the happiest people in the world owing to our festivals.. Each month has a festival.. If not festivals, we have a largely connected family which dare not forget the birthdays, anniversaries, promotions, pending treats, etc etc. So basically we are always celebrating something or the other.. Works as a great mood lifter...
   The week started with the festival .. Gudipadwa for Maharashtrians and Ugadi for us South Indians.. Not one of the festivals I look forward to because there isn't much that one could do.. Only delicacies made by Mom and Grandma.. I wasn't exactly excited about the festival but then all the smses from all corners of the world ( Just kidding, only from Mangalore and Dubai) , the preparations by Mom, Facebook taggings etc etc all make the energy contagious and soon I began celebrating..
   Helped Mom make paysam and other food..
In the evening had Dinner with Shweta and Akshata.. some quiet time with close friends really makes the day( here the night).. :)
     Today college started late. Wasn't really in the mood to go back to college.. Weekend hangover plus waking up is too much an effort..  However, the good girl in me dragged me to the college.. Had only one lectures and yayayay back home to my cozy bed and with my baby!!
     Tomorrow regular college .. sob sob.. wake up early.. hurry for that train.. catch that bus.. be there at so and so time... uff the timer begins.. But now I am ready to face it...
    The sunshine is back in my life.. Will worry about the eclipse later.. Happy that the clouds have been cleared... :)
                      
 PS: Someone again raised the question of my origin (  no no not that, the regional one) confusing it with my surname... Some other day I will talk at length about it..  Well bro just turned off the cooking gas I left on for boiling water..:P I forgot all about it.. Got pretty carried away writing this post... Thank God for the small mercies in my life.. Like not blessing me with a jerk for a brother... 

No comments: