Thursday, April 7, 2011

5 rupees..

Watch the video to understand the conversation.. Loved the video for the simplicity and the way it touched my heart.. Hope you will like the video.. The video is in Tamil.. Though the conversation is translated in English, it is not very clearly seen.. Thought of writing down the conversation to make it easier for you.. To  feel the connect please watch the video..
  Kids:The balloon man's finally come to our place, folks!!
Balloons!! Balloons!!
Get me that balloon, bro!
Balloon seller:Which one is it, lad?
Kids:That one! That one!
Balloon seller:Wait, wait! Calm down!
How many of you need specs, how many of you balloons?
Which balloon, re?
That one cost five bucks, guys
Cough up five, you! you've given only two
Run along now.
That's it for today, no more balloons for you.. Run along..
Then they come like I'm giving away balloons for free!
Hey you! what are you waiting for?
What do you want? come!

Boy:much is that balloon , anna?
Balloon seller:Oh this one! That's two rupees.
Boy:And the green one on top?
Balloon seller:The green one?.. thats five rupees.
You wanna buy?
Boy:I'm not having the money now, anna..But I will give it as soon as mother gets back home from work.
Balloon seller:As soon as your mother comes..??
Then why don't you write to me  when she arrives?
Probably I will get you your balloon next week, now I'm leaving.
Boy:When will you be here next week?
Balloon seller:Told you I'd come..Maybe on friday or saturday.


Boy runs back home..
Boy:Ma could you please please give me five rupees?
Mother:What for?
Boy:The balloon guy is coming to our village!! And he had this beautiful green balloon.Please please get it for me ma..
Mother:Yeah like your father has earned billions, for me to fulfil every single whim of yours..!
Well how much did you say?
Boy:Five rupees ma..
Mother:I'm giving you fifty paise everyday, right? Save it up and buy what you need.. Go on..
Boy:Says who?. one day you give and the next day you don't!
Mother:Don't worry, from now on I'll be regular..
A real prat you are!
Boy:So..its one rupee..one and a half rupees.. two rupees.. two and a half rupees..
He'll come next week.. what will I do for the rest?
Mother:You keep this for now.. I wil give you the rest.. alright.
Boy:Monday..tuesday..yes friday..
Mother:Must study well..ok?
Boy:That's ok..you said you would give me the money..
Mother:Clever boy..Yes, yes I will give.. Now go get your back..
Boy:Saturday.. over..
Mother:Be careful when you walk across the fields..
Boy:Alright ma..
Mother:Here's the money.

Boy studying at home..
Mother:Oh.. there's no change here..
You're having the change I gave you right? I'll return it once I pay the vegetable woman.
Boy:No, I can't give that.
Mother:You just need it for the balloon right? I'll get it for you. give me the change now.
Boy:No..no..I won't give. Leave it!
Mother:You're stepping on your own bookss.. you pest!! You deserve the flogging. I said I'll give it back,right? You won't trust your own mother huh?


In sleep...
Boy:Green balloon green balloon (murmuring)

Next morning..
Boy:Five rupees.. wow!!

Boy searching his bag..
Mother:You've been rummaging in your bag since you came back from school, what is it?
Go clean up and take a wash now. Where are you running to?

When Boy returns
Mother:Tell me where were you all this time?
Boy:I've lost the money, ma..
Mother:Hmmm. thought so.. Pestered me and got it out of me..And now he says he lost it..

Boy:I swear it was in my bag.. But I don't know where it went now.. I've gone and searched all the way I went, ma.. But didn't  find it.. It's ok I don't get the balloon.. I'll play with what I already have..

Mother:Go search your bag once again..Must be hidden in one of your notebooks..

Mother:Boy!! IT was lying here all the while and you didn't see it?

Boy:It had fallen here, huh?
"Yippee, was so scared I'll have to forsake the balloon!

Mother:"Wait change your clothes first"
Mother:"Hmmm.. somebody here was getting very touchy and all!"

Boy:Who was that, ma?

Waiting by the street for the balloon seller..
Boy:Did you see the balloon man?

Passerby:No, kid

Balloon seller:What are you doing here, lad?

Boy:To buy the balloon, bro..

Balloon seller:What's the hurry.. I was just entering the village..
So which balloon do you need?

Boy:he green on..
 Balloon seller:What, this green one??

Boy:Yes,yes.

Balloon seller:That's six rupees..

Boy:You had said five rupees?

Balloon seller:The balloon's six rupees, lad!

Boy:It's  became six rupees..huh?

Balloon seller:Yes, I'm taking my life out coming to a village this far.. Now, the rate has gone up. I'm not giving it for anything less than six..

Boy:All I have is five rupees now.. Please take it..I'll give you one rupee when you come back next week. Please don't give that balloon to anyone else till then.. Please, bro..

Balloon seller:What to do with this guy..
Here,take it..
But you have to give me one rupee next week for sure..alright..Now run along..

At home...
Mother:BE careful while you walk across the fields..

Boy:I'm leaving ma..

One..two..three.. four.. and ... five...



No comments: