Thursday, April 14, 2011

College on holidays sucks!!

    The title speaks all about what I m feeling... It's public holiday today in Mumbai .. What has that got to do with my college keeping lectures? Yes, thats exactly how the situation is back at college.. No one cares what day it is.. Lectures are to be kept and portion is to be completed..  I somehow do drag myself out of the bed for the external faculty lectures but inhouse teachers keeping such lectures is too much of  a demand to fulfill..
     Got up from bed and went into the other room.. The sight of Mom, Dad and bro sleeping !!! I so so wanted to go back into the comfort of my bed and slip under the sheet...
    There was some respite that the trains wouldn't be much crowded.. Chilled water on all my hopes.. Looked like everyone who stays at home (read the housewives, the small kids, the holidaying college-goers) stepped out and rushed into the public transport.. Didn't get a seat in bus and train!!! What a start!!
     College was boring .. Lectures seemed like they are never going to end.. Had rice for lunch after a longggggg time.. Dozed off for a few minutes in the lecture that followed.. Some smart people bunked the lecture and I wish I had done the same.. ( Sorry Nupura, should have listened to you.. But I didn't know rice after so many days would get into my head.. literally!!!)
     Relieved to be back home.. Scorching hot outside.. I either going to melt or get fried before the semester ends.. Who said Mumbai isn't hot???
    Here I m typing my latest "meri life ka ek aur din" and my fellows must be busy with their nose buried in books( except Nupura.. she's my twin in this case.. last ones to study!! :) :) smart people I know !)
    The post on one such story "A college crush" got me comments ( on the blog, on facebook, on cellphone and in person) that "it doesn't seem fiction".. Well it is fiction people.. My real love story would be nowhere close to it..
  Now that you feel it's nonfiction I deserve a pat on my back!! :) Such comments make me feel I can do decent fictions :)

P.S: Readers please take the pain of commenting on the blog..
    

No comments: